The extremely popular, mobile device only app known as Instagram has made a movie. After only two years of existence, Instagram has captured over 100 million users and decided it is time to expand to the web.
On Monday, Instagram announced that it will be adapting users and data into web-based profiles for people to view via laptops, computers or tablets. By doing this, viewers will be able to look at the images in regular 6x6 size, larger than that on a cellphone.
While people still will only be able to upload photos portable devices, the fact that Instagram has decided to expand to the web, shows how popular this social media platform has become. I know I personally prefer Instagram to Twitter, or Facebook because of how new it is. I only follow a select group of people who I actually am close with and find pictures to be more interesting that posts.
I’m sure as Instagram continues to develop, people will be able to post pictures from the web, but right now I think the platform is growing so rapidly that it is trying to figure out how to keep up with it’s users!
Reference: http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/05/tech/web/instagram-web-profiles/index.html

No comments:
Post a Comment