At the rate Google is going now, who knows how many forms of technology people will be wearing in the next ten years. Google hopes to start the trend with their newest project known as the “Google Goggles”. These augmented-reality glasses are designed to be worn over the eyes of people and run on an Android mobile platform.
People passing by will not be able to see the goggles in action, the glass is designed so only the individual wearing has access to the information.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I am interested to see how technology advancements such as the “Google Goggles” will impact society’s interactions with on another. It seems like it might be challenging to engage in casual, sporadic conversations if people are constantly tuned into various mediums of technology.
It also seems like “Google Goggles” might be the beginning of a very dangerous trend. If this product is a hit, I can only imagine that other companies will hop on the band wagon or even try to think of another technology accessory for people to wear.
Reference: http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/04/google-begins-testing-its-augmented-reality-glasses/
No comments:
Post a Comment